St. Ives 10k & 3k Fun Run - Sunday 15th July 2018
The 10k race consists of an undulating "out & back" course on mainly traffic free roads. Taking runners from the outskirts of St. Ives town, along a quiet rural lane, to the taxiways of RAF Wyton airfield, before returning to the finish at St. Ives One Leisure Outdoor Centre.
The 3k fun run will both start and finish on the synthetic Athletics Track at the Outdoor Centre. Runners will complete almost 1 lap of the Track before running out onto the soft grass fields for 2 Laps around the Complex before returning to the track, and the finish line. This will give many youngsters (and adults) the opportunity to have taster of running around a full sized athletics track, in front of spectators.
Please read the following information carefully -
RACE HEADQUARTERS: One Leisure Outdoor Centre, California Road, St. Ives, Cambridgeshire, PE276SJ
ENQUIRIES: Email email@example.com
- Please allow for a 10min walk to the Outdoor centre for the 3k & 10k events from the official car parking areas.
- You will be directed to the Outdoor centre by marshals and signage.
- Please allow suitable time to arrive at the race headquarters for collection of race packs.
Car Parking - One Leisure Indoor centre, Westwood road, St. Ives, Cambridgeshire (Sat Nav - PE27 6WU). Parking is also available at St. Ivo School and you may be directed here by marshals.From the car park, you will be directed through the school and on to the race headquarters.
There will be NO parking at the Outdoor centre and Please do not park in California road as this restricts access for the start of the 10k race.
DOGS: The Outdoor Centre does not allow any dogs on their premises, indoors and outdoors, so please do not bring them with you.
Please collect your race number and timing chip on the day. Please write your name and any relevant medical conditions on the rear of your race number. Attach the race number to your front; safety pins will be available at the entries desk. You must not cut or mutilate your race number in any way. THERE ARE NO ENTRIES ON THE DAY
CHANGING: Changing and shower facilities are available in the Leisure Centre.
BAGGAGE STORAGE: Safe baggage storage is available and be found near to the 10k race finish area.
Two timing chips will be supplied with race number for 10k competitors. Ensure each chip is securely fitted to both shoes as per instructions before start of race. Race marshals will be collecting chips immediately after you have crossed the finish line.
For health and safety reasons you must not participate in the event whilst listening to any personal music playing device. This is particularly important in order to allow our emergency services and their vehicles to operate safely on the day which they may not be able to do if you are unable to hear what is happening around you throughout the race. Consequently iPods, MP3 Players or similar electronic music players must not be worn.
3k FUN RUN START:
The 3k fun run will start at 9.45am prompt on the synthetic athletics track. After completing two laps of the grass field, the run will finish back on the synthetic athletics track.
10k RACE START:
The 10k race will start at 10:30am prompt.
A vehicle will lead the race. Please keep to the left hand side of the road unless informed to the contrary by an official. Water stations will be provided at the 3k and 7k markers, with marshals at every k marker. Race officials will be withdrawn from the course 75mins after start of race.
10k RACE FINISH:
The finish is on the grass area in front of the Centre.
MEDAL FOR ALL FINISHERS:
All 10k and 3k fun run finishers will receive a unique medal.
Prizes will be awarded as soon as possible.
3k Fun Run:
1st U9, U11, U13 & U15 boys & girls.
1st, 2nd & 3rd Male & 1st, 2nd & 3rd Female
Awards for following Age Categories:
- Female 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
- Male 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
Jencol Course Record Prize:
- Mens Team - 1st 4 males to score (No team declaration necessary)
- Ladies Team - 1st 3 females to score (No team declaration necessary)
?50.00 for breaking the male / female course record.
- Male - 0:30:40 - John Downs (Salford Harriers) 1997
- Female - 0:35:14 - Ellen Leggate (Cambridge University & Hounds) 2002
Cambs AA county championships
Silver and Bronze for the overall male and female winners.
categories are Female: 35, 45, 55, 65. Males: 40, 50, 60, 70.
Live results displayed at the finish area.
Complete results will be posted on the Hunts AC web site at www.huntsac.org.uk as soon as possible after the race.
THANK YOU TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Wellington Wise -Support & sponsorship
- Jencol Engineering - Course record
- Mitsa ltd - sponsorship
- Whats My Time - Excellent chip timing services
- A1 audio visual events - sound services
- Jordans cereals - cereal bars
- One Leisure Outdoor Centre- Use of their excellent facilities
- RAF Wyton - For use of airfield
- Air Training Corps - For marshalling on the airfield
- Milk & More - For delicious milkshakes
- 2Train - First aid cover
- Members & Friends of Hunts AC - For their hard work in organising, helping & marshalling the event
(Race License No. Applied For)
Entries close on Friday 14th at 10pm No entries on the day.
Last modified by Ian MARSHALL on 03/04/2018 20:29:11